Yes you definitely can!
Inviting designers gives customers the ability to browse through our 20,000+ designers and choose designers they want working on their project. That is, customers can invite specific designers to work on their design projects via paid invites and AT THE SAME TIME open their design contest up to any designer around the world who wants to submit a design.
Here's how it works:
- Customer browses our graphic designer directory and selects designers they like
- Customer posts a design contest (DesignCrowd will automatically notify all designers via email - as before). In addition to this however, the customer is able to send personalized invitations to designers that they would like to see working on their project.
- Customer sends personal invitations to designers and may attach guaranteed 'participation payments' of $15, $20 or $40 to the invite
- Designers accept / rejects the invitation
- (Assuming designer accepts) Designer submits design and receives participation payment or winning payment
We call this 'hybrid crowdsourcing' because it blends:
We believe our hybrid crowdsourcing model is a world first in designcrowdsourcing and will deliver better, fairer and higher qualityresults from the crowdsourcing process! We believe hybrid crowdsourcing is the first step in combining everything that is great about the traditional method of graphic design with the innovative design crowdsourcing process!
- Guaranteed payment and at-risk payment
- Open crowdsourcing and regular outsourcing
How do you invite designers?
Inviting designers is very simple:
- First you have to find a designer - this can be done by either finding a designer you like in our directory (graphic designer directory) or just browsing the DesignCrowd website for designs that you like the look of.
- Once you found a designer, click through to their designer portfolio. Then click on the green "Invite to project" button on the left-hand panel.
- This will bring up an information box allowing you to invite the designer to one of your existing projects (or if you have not posted a project yet, you can launch a new project for this designer and the invite will be automatically sent for you once launched).
- Next, you will be taken to a page to compose your invitation message (see below). Here you can optionally attach one of your participation payments (a small payment which we structure into your budget to allow you to attract the best designers). This participation payment is reserved for the designer you are inviting and will only become available to them if they submit to your project. Note: Our statistics show that attaching participation payments to an invite increase the changes of a top designer accepting the invite to 92%.
How much does an invite cost?
Inviting designers is free. You can optionally attach smallpayments (called participation payments) to invites to ensure adesigner will submit (which is useful for top designers) -however you do not pay anything additional for these. When yourlaunch a project, we allocate some of your budget initially and if these are not usedthey are simply distributed out to designers as bonus payments. See 'How designers get Participation Payments
' for more information.
You can optionally purchase more participation payments via the manage project page for your design project.